Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Camping and Hot Pots

Spencer and I took our annual camping trip up to the Brighton Lakes in September. It was awhile ago but I wanted to blog about it because we loved it. The plan was for PArker to walk and Ben to be carried in the backpack but Parker insisted on being in the backpack and since Spencer already had ALL our gear in his backpack and we didn't have enough time to switch things around, I ended up carrying BOTH kids, the tent, water and a couple pads. I seriously think it was one of the hardest things I've ever done. We moved things around on the way back and it was MUCH better. I got a good workout, that's for sure.
We love it up at Lake Katherine. It's so beautiful.


Parker loves camping.





The morning was rainy so we hung out in the tent for a long time. It's was kind of fun to cozy.








Ben was sad. Such a cute little sad face.









In September we also hiked up to the Diamond Fork hotpots with Greg, Grandpa and Grandma. It was a great time.


5 comments:

Adrienne said...

tough girl carrying both kids on a hike!

Jen said...

Seriously, that picture with the double kid load is too funny. I couldn't do it, especially with a smile.

Chelsea said...

Great pictures! What a fun weekend! Your family is so cute! Your boys are adorable!

mbhcimlay said...

I wish we had been there with you guys. Soon enough our boyos will be carrying US up to those lakes. :)

Ben, Telia, Aeden and Eliza said...

Oh I am just wanting to go hiking with you and the family!! If we move to NM we will be so close and we can actually hang out!!