Saturday, August 25, 2007

Lake Katherine

Yeah, so it's feast or famine on this blog site for me and right now I am in feast mode.
This weekend we backpacked to Lake Katherine up at Brighton with Art, Sierra and family. Those two are brave- with two kids- but it was definitely worth it!



Parker was not happy on the way home (refer to picture of his grumpy face) and he soon fell asleep. That's what we get when we miss naps. Poor guy. But he loved the dirt and the campfire that I had to keep him away from

Check out Art's MASSIVE backpack plus baby!









It was a trip with gorgeous views, lots of yummy camp food, good conversation, laughs, lots of talk about Physics (between Spencer and Art) and of course struggles getting kids to bed in tents. It was a wonderful trip though. I loved being at Brighton with Sierra- a place she and I have many memories together -though it's usually covered in snow). I'm so thankful for friends like her who stay close to me over the years. Sierra was always the girl who would do ANYTHING. I am always amazed that she found someone even more crazy (in a good way) than she is. Carpe Diem was her motto and they for sure do it, I'm just glad we can come along for the ride. :)





2 comments:

Emily Brimhall said...

you guys have way too much fun!! I love that having a kid hasn't slowed you down.

ohana=)mama said...

I want to go with you guys. I honestly love backpacking, it's one of my most favorite things to do!