Monday, September 10, 2007

So we finally got some of the classic pictures. I wondered how kids fell asleep in their highchairs because Parker seems to only sleep in his crib...but here we go!

and this one..well, I was grinding wheat flour and Parker wanted to get involved so I let him. Boy oh boy was that fun to clean up.






And I wanted to share some thoughts on motherhood now that Parker is turning one and I am a pro. :) -JK- definitely not a pro. Anyway, being a mom has been a totally eye opening experience for me. I have loved it and struggled with it all at the same time. Every stage is a different blessing and a different struggle. I think Parker is the cutest he has ever been and I love playing with him, all the things he's learning to do-like walking which he is learning to do right now and it's totally adorable. And yet, I struggle with giving up my life for a little baby who wants to play with me all the time when I have things I need to do! It's maybe something that I will never be perfect at but lately I have seen something so beautiful when I do sacrifice my "checklist" for this little guy. I realize that in the smallest moments, when i get off the freaking computer and get on the floor and play with Parker or follow him in the walker that he loves to go so fast on, when I laugh with him and play chase with him...that is where I am the fullest. There is balance and I think it's good to have my own interests and let Parker play and discover by himself sometimes. But for me the balance can be too much on the side of doing "my stuff" and it's hard to just stop and play sometimes...but lately I have. Like when I just LET parker dump FLOUR all over his body and all over my kitchen floor (as shown above). My first reaction was "oh my gosh, are you kidding me?!" but then I laughed and Parker laughed and we had the best time and THAT is what motherhood/life is all about. :)

6 comments:

Emily Brimhall said...

the picture of Parker with the flour made me laugh outloud, Amen to everything you said. I struggle with the same things.

Shannon & Summer said...

You are an amazing mom, er!

mindy said...

i love that picture of parker with flour all over himself! that is so darn cute :) i think parker just gets cuter and cuter somehow!

Anonymous said...

Hi Erin!
What a darling family you guys are! Thanks for commenting on our blog- it was fun to find you too. Let us know when you come visit Hawaii!
Aloha,
Patria and Mark

ohana=)mama said...

Your post almost made me cry. Seriously I understand! But honestly it's true, they grow up so fast, so props to you for getting on the floor and rolling around in flour. I guess that's one way to feel pure joy!

ohana=)mama said...

you grind wheat flour? You'll have to tell me about this one! Seriously, I'm listening.