Monday, March 1, 2010

Our First House










Spencer and I just bought our first house. It is in Cottonwood Heights/Sandy area. We close March 29th and will move in shortly after. We're stoked and I can't wait for the backyard! But we are going to miss our little apartment a lot actually. I actually started to cry one night thinking about leaving because of all the memories this place contains for me- having our first child, Spencer in school and finally graduating, church callings, managing apartments, our second child, running everywhere with a huge stroller, going to the library, playgroups, parks, the zoo, our amazing ward and great neighborhood. So ironically, leaving is sad for me in so many ways. I have loved being poor (not that we'll be rich now!) and living in this small aparment- in close quarters where I can hear my boys everywhere I go. And I am so grateful for the opportunity we've had to manage this place and make it through school.
But what can I say, we're excited too. We'll let you know when the big house warming party is! :)

16 comments:

The Farrell Family said...

Congratulations you guys! Your new house looks great! Where is it?

We haven't talked forever. I'll try calling you this week. :)

The Farrell Family said...

Just looked back at your blog and saw that you DID say where it was. Good reading Ash.

Adrienne said...

congrats. looks great. it's very weird not being able to be feet away from your kids at all time. have fun

Rachel said...

So this must be a different house than the one in Holladay you were considering? I am saying that because this one already has a garage, right? Looks darling -- so excited for you guys.

But I totally know what you are saying. We really miss our days in Oregon in our 500 square foot apartment. We didn't have very much stuff because we couldn't have very much stuff, I always knew where my kids were, and life was simple in a VERY good way.

david said...

yeah!!! congrats you guys! we'll be excited to see it...looks super cute!

jenny

Jared and Shelby said...

Are you moving into our neighborhood? That's so exciting for you guys, hard to move on, but thank goodness for memories. Good luck!

Angie said...

What a cute house!!

The Wents said...

House looks great. I'm so excited for you guys. There is something so wonderful about having a yard to send the kids to play in. (however small that is, in our case). Be prepared for us to invade it whenever we make a trip up that way. :)

The Husband said...

Sweet Digs! Congrats you guys looks like a nice place!

Anonymous said...

I love the house. How fun to move into a house with a yard and no upstairs neighbors:) We are super excited for you guys but will miss you. Eliza will miss playing with your boys in church.

Jen said...

Yeah Erin! I'm so excited for you. It looks like a great house. It really is hard to leave the memories and good friends, but there are wonderful new ones to be made.

KESLER KREW...Cami said...

luv the new house and think of all the upcoming adventures & memories that ly ahead...it's always a little sad I agree to leave a "place" that has been good to you in so many ways! happy for you guys. luved your cali pictures....luv cam

Liz Walker said...

Congrats, Cleggs! We are excited for you and your new adventure. The ward will miss you. MP9 is the best! Hope to see you soon.

Emily said...

I LOVE your house! Erin it is so cute. I am so excited for you. Can't wait to see it. It was so great seeing you and the boys. It has been way to long. Hopefully now that we will be closer we can get together more often. Love ya.

ohana=)mama said...

Yeah for you!

Corri said...

How fun! I'm so excited for your new home. And looking ahead, there are sooo many memories there to be made, right?! ;-)