Saturday, January 23, 2010

COSTA RICA!

I am at the end of a trip of a lifetime. I just got to spend an entire week in the sun with my best friend of all time- my sister (she and Spencer of course). It is late and we are leaving at 6am tomorrow to try to make it to church before we have to catch the plane home but I know I'll be catching up with my little boys so I'm trying to post a few picts before we leave. I'd also like to try and make these pictures do justice to the beauty of this place with a little photoshop or something, but once again, I know how time will be when I get home so I just thought I'd say a few things about this week. It was heaven.

The first thing Angie wanted to do is head to the beach- I love the way you feel her energy rise as we near the coast. We spent 4 glorious days in the sun, surfing in the morning and in the evening- two days in Tamarindo and two in Playa Avellanas. Awesome. the waves were perfect, the sunset amazing and my sis is an incredible surfer these days. I remember Hawaii and the beginnings of surfing. I am still there but now I watch her and am amazed. She charges. I love it. Someday I'll be half as good.







Drinking fruit juices, yummy!

We stayed in such a cool hostal in Playa Avellenas- we slept in treehouses! This dog followed me on my morning run and though I usually hate when dogs follow me, this guy was super sweet and kind of protective. I love hostals. I love the energy and meeting all the travelers. The Pot picture is self explanatory

After the coast we made the much-longer- than-expected trek to La Fortuna and spent three days in the jungle.

Did the canopy tour- this one was awesome. AMAZING views, huge cables, AWESOME. I tried to load a video I had of it but it wouldn't load. Sorry. We had the coolest views of the volcano, the huge lake and the forest below.

We checked out the volcano and saw lava










We went to a hot tub heaven- I have to bring Spencer back for this one. It was heavenly. And Angie and I laughed for 20 minutes straight about this waterslide that...oh I won't ruin it for you, it is just funny and very unexpected. I haven't laughed like that in I don't know how long. We were choking on the water we were laughing so hard.




















Saw beautiful waterfalls- and yes we are wearing zebra and tiger print in the jungle. :) Ate amazing food, stayed in a cute little cabin in the rainforest, got to know such cool, sweet people and loved the beauty of the rainforest.






It has been amazing. More than anything I have loved a week of uninterrupted talking time with my sister. She understands me better than I understand myself. She is such a gift to me. I am so excited for the next phase in life she is entering. She will be a wonderful mom. And I am so so grateful to my wonderful husband who would so willingly, without batting an eye, encouraged me to go on this trip while he held down the chaos at home. I owe him big time.

11 comments:

Adrienne said...

how fun. i love that you travel so much.

Shannon & Summer said...

WOW!! Looks like an amazing trip!! I am so happy you two got to go! Amazing! Steph is there! You need to meet up with her! See you soon! I'm excited for our trip!

The Farrell Family said...

I love the relationship you and Ang have. So unique. Even for sisters. That looked like an incredible place to go. It's so cool you guys got to do that together. :)

The Wents said...

I had no idea you guys did that. Awesome! It is definitley on our 'to go' list.

Angie said...

I love this, Er. It was such an incredible time. After you turned to go onto the airplane, it felt so quiet and lonely to be back to my own thoughts. When I'm with you, my stream of thoughts are automatically voiced and it really is such a blessing to have you as my sister. Thank you, Spencer, for letting Erin come. And Happy Birthday tomorrow!!!

Chelsea said...

How fun for you guys to do such a fun trip like that together! There's nothing like sisters!

Megan and Keli'i said...

Holy jealous, that is awesome! I want a sister! You and Ang have the best time together...Costa Rica, so beautiful and you girls are amazing. Love you both!

Ben and Lori said...

Wow!! That's all I can say. You're awesome!

Rachel said...

That absolutely looks like the trip of a lifetime. So fun that you were able to do that with your sister. Amazingly beautiful. Hope all was great at home while you were gone.

Aaron and Jessie said...

wow that looked so fun!!! I've never really thought of going there until your blog, that looks unbelievable. Seriously Erin you go on the most amazing trips all the time, I'm so jealous. That is so fun you Ang get together so often even though you live so far apart.

Ben, Telia, Aeden and Eliza said...

You guys are just the coolest ever!!! I wish Sierra and I could have joined you. Maybe sometime in the future when we are actually making money. I just love all the pictures.