Wednesday, April 8, 2009

NYC

My sister had some disappointing news last week. My beautiful parents, recognizing our connection, paid for me to go out to New York to spend the weekend with her. Although the trip was supposedly taken as a support to her, I feel like I gained more than she ever could have. Interesting how most of my life experiences with Angie have been that way. I learned that life goes on despite disappointments. I learned that it really is good to listen to a prompting (before I knew the whole story I felt like I should go out there the next day and I am NOT usually a last minute person)- I'm so glad I did. I learned that Ben is an amazing little angel of a baby - he was an unbelievably wonderful traveler despite a 12 hour trip and being I toted all over the streets of NYC. I learned that God was really watching out for Angie when he gave her Ajay. I learned I can wear skinny jeans- my high school self would be mortified- and I still love H&M. I learned that even though we live on opposite sides of the country and are in very different places in life, there is this God-given connection that I can not live without. I learned we all have different paths and to more sensitive to those not on the "typical" path. I learned I am lucky to be a mother- and she will be too someday. I learned that Angie remains the rock of humility and faith I have always been inspired by. And I learned that God takes care of us- he gave us each other.

4 comments:

KESLER KREW...Cami said...

erin...perfect that you could make the trip and that you had that time together. moments you will look back on and be grateful for. sisters are true, forever friends. luv cam

JOSH, RACHEL, SARAH KATE AND RYAN TYLER said...

Erin, I love all the pictures! I love the story about Parker trying to find his cars. It brought tears to my eyes. We pray as a family, but I have never had Sarah pray. I agree that it is such an important thing for kids to do. That is fantastic that Ben got his braces off. Your boys are absolutly adorable! That is so sweet what Spencer did for Valentine's Day. He needs to give Josh some pointers on being romantic. :) That is a great idea about making everything green. I think Larry will have to visit us next year too.

ohana=)mama said...

I totally love H&M as well! That was one of the stores I wished I could bring with me when I moved!

ohana=)mama said...

Tell Angie that what ever happend I feel for her.