Sunday, July 12, 2009

Ragnar Relay

Spencer and I, along with a lot of my family ran the Wasatch Back Ragnar Relay race this year. It's 198 miles from Logan to Park City. You basically live in and out of a van for a day and a half. Running 3 legs of anywhere from 3-9 miles anytime of day. I ran a 3 mile in the late afternoon, a 9 mile at 3am and a 3.5 mile straight up hill (1700 foot gain) of which I ran the whole thing and was pretty proud of myself. Slow, yes, but I ran it. It was great. The start of the Ragnar hill- everyone laughing because this is the hill I had dreaded. :)

Jon (my cousin) and I both ran half of the Ragnar hill and Spencer ran down the other side. We rocked it! :)






My good old dad ran the race- his last leg was in a horrible rain storm, poor guy. He did awesome though.


Jeni, Brittany and Ashley, my cousins who ran with us.

Spencer had tough runs and he did awesome.



Right after my 3am, 9 mile run. I loved it actually. A huge moon, run around the lake, good music, great weather. It was perfect. Good times.











No comments: