Wednesday, September 24, 2008

30 and 2

Parker and I were born 27 years and 359 days apart. So he turned 2 on September 13th-which makes my birthday on the 19th the big 3-0! Here's how we celbrated:


We had a small party with just family for Parker's big day and spent the day at Wheeler Farm. It was PERFECT. There was even a big autism fair there where all kids got to go on all the rides for FREE! Parker was in heaven with the bouncy machines, slides, horsey rides, tractor rides, animals and especially all his new toys and the tractor cake that mommy made for him (I had visions of this perfect professional looking cake which turned out very mommy-amatuerish but in the end- I was so glad it looked that way) :) Parker even blew out his own candles out this year!



And for my big 30th my sweet husband planned the perfect little party for me. He rented a couple of rooms up at Snowbird and invited some family and close friends up for food and fun. He even got a babysitter for the kids- though as you can see they joined us sooner than later. :) I didn't know about it until I got an invitation in the mail. It was great. I loved having time to talk and really spend time with people who I have known for most of my long 30 years. I feel so grateful for their friendshps and for my sweet husband who planned a perfect night- with "Spencer food" (bratwurst and pastrami burgers) AND "Erin food" (vegetables and bbq chicken- though really I ate whoppers the whole night) and my favorite -carrot cake. After everyone left we had the whole place to ourselves. so we watched a movie and listened to the thunder, got up in the morning and went to a little bit of Oktober fest and drove home in the beautiful fall canyon. Perfect.



6 comments:

Shannon & Summer said...

Happy Birthday to you and Parker! I am happy we got to come and be a part of your party! It was such a great time! I didn't even get to talk to Spencer - he was so busy running around, making food and taking care of everything - that I didn't even notice he got his braces off! How exciting for both of you! And, I must say your veggies look delidious and I wish that I had a garden of my own!! Love you!

Rachel said...

What a great husband to go to all that effort for your birthday! Looks like it was a great party. Happy Birthday to both you and Parker. That is fun that your birthdays are close together.

You look amazing -- I can't believe you only have 5 weeks to go. I'm not due until the end of January, and I am not exaggerating at all when I say that I am as big as you are. Good luck these last few weeks, and can't wait for your baby news!

Angie said...

What a fun party. I wish so much that I could have been there. It's looks like it really was as good as you say it was. I love all those people.

Allison Box said...

Happy late birthday to you and Parker! September is the best month to have a birthday! WE really need to get together with you guys...it has been way too long. Tell Spencer hello from us.

Ben and Lori said...

Look at Parker! Gosh he looks so big!. You look so great Erin, I wish I looked that good pregnant! You are so beautiful & so are your friends, oh and your little sister is a model, my gosh!

k e n d r a said...

happy birthday! it was great to hear from you and then come to your blog and check out all the happenings. parker is awesome, can't wait to see his brother!