Wednesday, August 27, 2008

End of Summer

We took our last family trip a couple weeks ago before Spencer went back to school. Because I had never seen the Clegg family farm in Grace, Idaho (where Spencer's father grew up and where Spencer has spent a few summer's working on the farm) we went there. I never knew a farm could be so much fun! Parker was in heaven with animals, tractors and four wheelers galore.


We spent a lot of time at the lake they built- there is a HUGE waterslide/slip in slide type thing- probably 80 feet long that plunges into this pond. It is AWESOME and Spencer and I (and the little baby inside of me) loved it. Parker was too scared to go on it- maybe in a few years. We camped in the barrack up the canyon from the farm, rode on tractors, had hot dog roasts, attempted the ice cave but Parker was too scared to go all the way back, swam laps in the lake and played on the sand. We got to hang out with relatives who were so awesome and get a taste of our Clegg heritage. Being there I really realized how lucky I am to be a Clegg- they are amazing people.


Then we went to Boise and hung out with Ben and Lori Jensen and family. They were incredibly good to us. I of course only took pictures of one event- Spencer and Ben in matching colored shirts (every morning they matched) after disc golf and the boys playing in the water. But we also did tons of other stuff- farmers market, parents night out, watched the Olympics and ate awesome food they cooked and just hung out and talked which I LOVED. Brandon is so cute with Parker and Bridger is awesome. It was really fun to be with them and see their lives in Boise. Thanks again Ben and Lori!










Spencer grew a beard for the week we were away. It was manly but the mustache he had for about 5 seconds when he shaved it was scary.










And now we're home and Spencer is back in school in his last semester. He really liked his internship this summer at GE and he just got back from a trip to Milwaukee for an interview with GE (not necessarily to be located there but the interview was there). We have lots of options already and we'll be having more as the month goes on and Spencer starts applying everywhere. Who knows what the future holds! I'm almost 7 months and doing fine. Just my normal aches and pains but this one is going faster than when I was pregnant with Parker. Maybe because I'm not so anxious to be done- I know what awaits me with a newborn and for that reason--he can stay in there a little longer!! :) Sad the summer is ending. It was a good one.













3 comments:

The Millers said...

I can't believe you are already 7 months along. You hide it very well. Funny how you aren't as anxious the second time around. But by the 35 week mark or so, I am always so ready to be done. Good luck these next couple of months.

Ben and Lori said...

You know we LOVED having you guys over!! You guys are so much fun to be with!

maryatkinson said...

I love that you visited friends and also relatives...farms are amazing for families and children. I hope you can go there quite often...camp, swim and do all you did. Remember we went to Uncle Don's sister's dairy and rode horses, etc. I had relatives that had farms growing up and that had such a strong influence onmy life. So valuable. good for you for going. Mom