Thursday, March 27, 2008

Easter

We had fun this Easter- Parker had his first Easter Egg hunt with Grandma and Grandpa A, Haylee and the White cousins. This picture is of the dog he was obsessed with- much more than the egg hunt. He loves dogs!

Parker ate way too much candy. Here he is digging into potatoe chips after eating chocolate. Guess that's what holiday's are for. :)

Easter morning we all got up as a family. Had breakfast and dealt with his morning tantrum. Then opened Easter baskets. Spencer and Parker got matching green ties. Mom, Dad and Haylee came up for church. Afterward we came here and had a little Passover feast with fish (salmon) and unleavened bread (pita’s) grape juice, olives and a few other things that weren’t so Passoverish (like asparagus). It was fun. We watched the Lamb of God while Parker was down for his nap and then all fell asleep ourselves. When Parker woke up we went to the SLC cemetery to see where President Hinkley and some of our past church president's are buried. It was a beautiful day and nice to be outside.

I enjoyed Easter this year. Watching the Lamb of God I was so touched, so reminded of the amazing and hard to comprehend atonement that Jesus Christ did for us. I used to watch that on my mission all the time, and cry almost every time and once again I cried and cried. I have been reading the New Testament, well actually Jesus the Christ and along with it the NT and I have really concentrated on learning about the Savior. I feel I have been reminded of who he was and learned more about what He did for me. And this Easter I had that in my heart, and that’s what made it beautiful.

6 comments:

Ben and Lori said...

Dangit, it erased the comment I just did. :(

So anyway, I love the new pictures. I can't believe how cute and big Parker is. That is so funny that he loves dogs. Kids usually seem so afraid. So, I've been wanting to do what you are doing - read Jesus the Christ and the NT, I've been putting it off because the book seems so intimidating, but I'll do it, hopefully soon. You guys are awesome.

KESLER KREW...Cami said...

Erin - Sounds like a beautiful day for you guys...I would really luv to visit Pres. Hinckley's gravesite when I am home next. Sure luv hearing from you - Cam

Angie said...

i love parker pointing to the dog. did you cut his hair? looks good. easter looks like a good time.

ohana=)mama said...

Thank you for sharing your feelings. We watch the Lamb of God as well, Keaka and I and it was my favorite part of easter, that and being with my family!!

The Farrell Family said...

Cute pics! Parker's a dog lover huh. Bri is totally obsessed with dogs too. I so don't want one, but between Don and Brighton, I think I'm going to lose the doggy battle. :)

Sounds like you guys had a great Easter. Thanks for sharing. Love to you.

Emily said...

What a great Easter. If Parker loves dogs you need to come over so he can meet my little dog. Can't wait to get together!